August 28-30, 2020
Camp Lakota, 2180 Ginter Road, Defiance
Check-in: Friday between 6:30-8:00 pm
Check-Out: Saturday 7:00 pm
See bottom of page for Policies for weekend
If you were elected in 2019 or 2020 and have not completed your Ordeal, this is the first opportunity to complete your membership in the Order of the Arrow. The cost for Ordeal candidates is $45. A list of items to bring is listed below.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, we are limiting this Ordeal to 36 candidates. It will be first come, first served, so make sure you sign up right away if you plan to attend. We will also have a wait list for this event.
**We have been closely monitoring the color status of each of our 13 counties, and seeking guidance from our friends at the Defiance County Health Department. Per their recommendation, Scouts and Scouters from any county that is listed as RED will NOT be allowed to attend the event. As of today, Mercer County is the only RED county in our Council. It is important to know that if Mercer County comes out of the red status before the event, those Scouts and Scouters would be permitted to attend. Likewise, if any of our other 12 counties turn red before the event, Scouts/Scouters from those counties would not be allowed to participate. Finally, if Defiance County goes red before the Ordeal, the event will be cancelled. The color status of counties are updated every Thursday afternoon during the Governor’s address.
We are seeking Arrowmen to help at the Ordeal. Similar to the candidates, we are limiting the number of staff for the event. Cost of the event for staff is $20. If you are interested in helping with the Ordeal, please contact Lodge Chief Haden at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Lodge Adviser Larry at email@example.com. They will provide further details.
Things to Bring:
- Updated Annual Health and Medical Record (Parts A & B)
- Class A Uniform
- Tent (1 per person. Siblings can share a tent if they are within 2 years of age.)
- Sleeping Bag
- Ground Cloth/Tarp
- Rain Gear
- Work clothes (including work gloves)
- Water Bottle
Policies for Weekend:
- Those with underlying conditions and those of other high-risk categories are advised to consider not attending. We ask these individuals to use their best judgement.
- Carpooling to camp is not permitted, unless participants are from the same household.
- Upon arrival at camp, every person in the car will have their temperature taken at the parking lot. If anyone has a fever of 100*F or higher, the entire vehicle will be sent home.
- Participants will be expected to wear masks. During the weekend, there will be times where masks will not be required. Participants will be told when masks are not needed by their staff member assigned to their group.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing will be done consistently throughout the event.
- All candidates will be assigned to a small group that they will stay with for the duration of the event. These groups, including the staff guide (Elangomat), will consist of no more than 10 people. The objective will be to group Scouts from neighboring communities, of from areas that have the same color status.
- Social distancing will be implemented as much as possible by all involved.
- All food for the weekend will be prepared by trained staff. If you have any food allergies, please indicate that during your online registration.
- For this Ordeal, all participants under the age of 21 will need to go home on Saturday evening. We recommend that all of these participants plan to be dropped off on Friday, and picked up on Saturday. Participants over the age of 21 will also be encouraged to be dropped off, and picked up according to the same schedule. If an adult drives themselves, we are required to provide them an opportunity to get 8 hours of sleep before they drive. Therefore, any adult who drives themselves to the Ordeal will need to spend the night, and go home Sunday morning. If a parent drives their child to the Ordeal, and must stay until Sunday, the youth will be permitted to stay as well. They will require a separate tent.
- No visitors, or unexpected guests will be permitted. If you are an Arrowman, and are interested in attending the event, you must connect with the Lodge Leadership, and register for the event with them.